Industrial-Organizational Psychology Degree
Designed for adult learners who are interested in the study of human behavior in the workplace. The program explores principles of psychology and business to improve the performance and well-being of employees and employers.
The Keystone College DifferenceYou can be confident that Keystone’s Online Degree Programs adhere to the same high standards of quality as our traditional, on-campus programs. Keystone is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. It’s ranked among the best regional colleges in the U.S., and as one of the best schools for military veterans. It’s also the oldest educational institution in Northeast Pennsylvania.
Generous Credit Transfer
If you’ve already earned college credits, chances are they’ll count when you transfer to Keystone. Students can transfer in up to 75 of the 120 credits required for graduation.
Classes are offered 100% online. There are no required class or login times, and faculty and tech support are there to help you at expanded hours.
At $425 per credit hour, you can earn a degree for thousands less than a traditional program would cost.
“Keystone’s online courses are extremely convenient! I enjoyed the fast pace and discussion boards with my fellow students. I love Keystone because the small class sizes allowed for more one-on-one time with my instructors, and some of them are the best instructors a college could employ. Getting a degree in business has really helped me with my career goals.”
Tara Westbrook | Keystone StudentJohn Doe
Learn from full-time faculty with academic and real world experience—real people who truly care about your success, and who will monitor your progress closely.
Explore the intersectionality of psychology and business in the workplace and develop the skills needed to help your organization and its employees succeed.
Develop a strong academic foundation that prepares you to play a vital role in today’s fast paced corporate environment.
Students will create a professional portfolio.
Potential Career Outcomes
According to the Bureau of Labor Statics, U.S Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, career opportunities for Industrial and Organizational Psychologists will experience a 53% growth rate, making it the number one fastest growing occupation for the years 2012 through 2022. Graduates of this program will be prepared for a variety of potential career outcomes such as:
• Human Resource Management
• Social and Human Resource Assistant
• Employment Counselor
• Administrative Assistants for Psychologists
• Sales Representative
• Public Affairs
1. CORE 1110 Orientation and Preparation
2. CORE 1115 Diversity in the Workplace
3. CORE 2110 Fundamentals of Management
4. CORE 2130 Writing in the Workplace
5. CORE 3110 Personal Wellness
6. CORE 4115 Organizational Business Behavior
7. CORE 2115 Quantitative Decision Making
8. CORE 2120 Adult Development
9. CORE 4110 Work Team Dynamics
10. CORE 3300 Personal and Professional Ethics
30 common core credits
1. PSYC 1110 General Psychology
2. PSYC 3185 Applications of Social Psychology
3. HRM 3140 Training and Development
4. SOCI XXX Sociology of Work
5. BUSN 4135 Business Research Methods
6. LEAD 4110 Lead Strategies
7. BUSN 3115 Financial Management
8. BUSN 2200 Project Management
9. BUSN 4910 Business Administration Capstone Seminar
10. PSYC 3110 Theories of Personality
30 credits within major | 60 elective credits
The Office of Admissions reviews applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. However, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible to get started on your bright new future right away! Courses begin at several convenient times year-round. Contact online admissions for the next start date.
Candidates should be at least 22 years old, and should have a minimum transfer GPA of 2.0. An exception to the age requirement may be made based on significant work experience.
Tuition is an affordable $425 per credit hour with a $200 graduation fee, and financial aid is available for those who qualify. Our FAFSA school code is 003280, and you can find out more at keystone.edu/tuition_aid/financialaid.