Bachelor of Science in Accounting Principles
The Skills You Need to Advance
Request more information now and qualify to receive a FREE Chromebook.*
*To qualify, you must enroll in the online Bachelor of Science in Accounting Principles program and continue past the allotted drop/add period.
Why a Bachelor of Science in Accounting Principles?
You’ll develop professional, managerial, and technical competence in accounting and related business fields. You can earn your Accounting Principles degree in as little as 18 months!
Learn from full-time faculty with academic and real world experience—real people who truly care about your success, and who will monitor your progress closely.
Students are academically prepared to sit for the CMA exam.
Students can participate in the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants or the Institute of Management Accountants’ affiliates.
Students will create a professional portfolio.
The Keystone College Difference
You can be confident that Keystone’s Online Degree Programs adhere to the same high standards of quality as our traditional, on-campus programs. Keystone is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It’s ranked among the best regional colleges in the U.S., and as one of the best schools for military veterans. It’s also the oldest educational institution in Northeast Pennsylvania.
Potential Career Outcomes
Job growth for the next eight years is expected to be 16% in the versatile field of accounting. Students who graduate with a degree in accounting will be prepared for career opportunities such as:
- Bank Examiner
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- FBI Agent
- Financial Advisor (Municipal, County, State and Federal levels of government)
- Financial Manager
- Forensic Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Internal Revenue Service Agent
- Management Consultant
- Operations Accountant
- Tax Manager
“I wanted to finish earning my degree, and found that Keystone was the best fit for my schedule. The professors at Keystone are fabulous. They’re full of knowledge and understanding, and they treat everyone with respect. They understand that you have other ‘real life’ obligations and families that need to come first, and they work with you so you can accomplish your goals. Keystone is preparing me for the career I always wanted.”
Jolene Witherel | Keystone Student
- CORE 1110 Orientation and Preparation
- CORE 1115 Diversity in the Workplace
- CORE 2110 Fundamentals of Management
- CORE 2130 Writing in the Workplace
- CORE 3110 Personal Wellness
- CORE 4115 Organizational Business Behavior
- CORE 2115 Quantitative Decision Making
- CORE 2120 Adult Development
- CORE 4110 Work Team Dynamics
- CORE 3300 Personal and Professional Ethics
30 Common Core Credits
- IT 2148 Principles of Spreadsheets and Databases
- ACCT 1128 Managerial Accounting Principles
- ACCT 1158 Financial Accounting Principles
- BUSN 3118 Applications of Business Finance
- ACCT 2118 Inter. Accounting I Principles
- ACCT 2128 Inter. Accounting II Principles
- ACCT 2138 Cost Accounting Principles
- ACCT 3118 Auditing Principles
- ACCT 4118 Advanced Accounting Applications
- ACCT 2148 Individual and Business Tax Applications
- ACCT 4918 Accounting Capstone-Applications
33 credits within major
57 elective credits
The Office of Admissions reviews applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. However, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible to get started on your bright new future right away! Courses begin at several convenient times year-round. Contact online admissions for the next start date.
Candidates should be at least 22 years old, and should have a minimum transfer GPA of 2.0. An exception to the age requirement may be made based on significant work experience.
Tuition is an affordable $425 per credit hour with a $200 graduation fee, and financial aid is available for those who qualify. Our FAFSA school code is 003280, and you can find out more here.
Benefits of Keystone College
Generous Credit Transfer
If you’ve already earned applicable credits from a regionally accredited institution, they may be accepted for transfer to Keystone. Students can transfer up to 75 credits of the 120 credits required for graduation.
Classes are offered 100% online. There are no required class or login times, and faculty and tech support are there to help you at expanded hours.
Earn a degree for thousands less than the cost of other programs at traditional brick-and-mortar institutions.